How time flies: it’s been almost exactly five years since we first started working on Planio. A lot has changed in those five years. We took Planio from side project to full on business venture with actual revenues, real employees and - above all - a whole lot of awesome clients.
To be honest, we couldn’t quite imagine what kind of adventure would lie ahead of us and this showed in our old terms and conditions: many of the situations we encountered over the years weren’t properly covered.
When we took on updating our terms this year, we had two main goals:
- Be clear about all the (legally relevant) situations that can happen during your Planio subscription.
- Set a framework that treats you and us as equal partners in a fair business partnership.
As such, we opted to base our new terms upon the recommendations of the industry association BITKOM, which have been prepared by industry experts with great care and with regard to the current legislation as well as the interests of both customers and service providers.
In fact, in contrast to the old terms, the new terms guarantee our customers a lot more rights and benefits and cover a lot of areas that were previously neglected in the old terms. The new terms contain:
- A clear description of the services we must provide, including features, backups, and availability
- A clear commitment to data security and privacy
- A legally binding confirmation that all our infrastructure is based within Germany and that we adhere to the BDSG (German Federal Data Protection Act)
- A clear description of our rules for payment, cancellation, plan changes as well as yours and our rights in case of default
- A description of our liability to you in the unlikely case that anything goes wrong
We ask that you please read the new terms carefully as they become effective for all existing clients on August 1st, 2014.
As always, should you have any questions or concerns, please get in touch. We’re here to help.